The Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia has been working with international couples for many years and on the basis of this longstanding experience perfect and multilateral service conditions have been developed in the Center. Our Center has an experience of working with couples from France, Germany, USA, Greece and other countries. Lower fees at our Center in comparison with various surrogacy agencies of the world do not mean low quality of service. We do not have artificially increased expenses.
In case of international couples In Vitro Fertilization is mainly carried out in Georgia or Ukraine, at one of our partner clinics. When the couple chooses the Ukrainian clinic we send the donor and the surrogate mother selected by the couple to Ukraine (for the period of maximum 10 days each of them). In case of such choice it is possible that the couple does not arrive to Georgia and arrive only to Ukraine to the clinic specified by us where they will meet our representative who will make contract with the couple. Prior to the visit to Ukraine the following will be required: the couple should select the acceptable candidates of a donor and surrogate mother by photos, agree on the terms and conditions of the agreement to be made between the couple and our agency in advance and the couple should transfer the compensation of business trip of our center’s employee to Ukraine (500 Euros) into our Center’s bank account.
Some international couples arriving at or Center simultaneously plan their holiday in our country since winter and summer resorts (Gudauri, Borjomi, Batumi…) are very popular in Europe presently.
Our Center strives to work in a manner that the work performed by us for each couple exceeds the commitments undertaken by us
We provide a couple with a healthy surrogate mother who agrees to carry out three attempts of fertilization. In case of need of an egg donor we provide the couple with a healthy candidate who agrees to carry out two attempts of donation. In case of refusal to carry out the repeated attempts on the part of a surrogate or a donor, our Center is obliged to change the candidate and the couple will not be additionally charged for this.
A couple has a right to get acquainted with not only the surrogate mother but also with the egg donor selected from the Center database.
The procedures and their sequence from the moment of arrival to the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia are as follows:
1. The first three visits of the couple to the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia are free of charge. Duration of each visit is 1, 5 hours.
The first visit includes:
a) Submission of the couple’s passports and the marriage certificate to the Center.
b) Introduction of the terms and conditions of our surrogate motherhood agency to the couple
c) Familiarization with the requirements and conditions of the couple
d) Answers to the questions interesting for the couple.
e) If before the couple’s arrival a potential candidate was not agreed upon, introduction of information from potential surrogate mothers and egg donors database about those candidates who meet the requirements of the couple. This information includes: a photo of a surrogate mother or a donor, age, state of health, education, religion, living conditions, number of children, marital status, financial and/or other requirements of the surrogate mother.
The second and the third visits include:
Clarification of those questions which remained unresolved during the first visit
2. If the first three visits are not enough for the couple to select a candidate and agree upon the terms and conditions of the contract to be made with the Center then the couple will pay 20 euros per hour for the following visits before the contract is made. The Center has a right to limit the duration of the visit of the couple to 1 hour per day.
3. When the couple has selected the desirable candidate and two more supposed candidates, agreed upon the terms and conditions of the contract with the Center, the contract will be made between the couple and the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia.
4. When making the contract the couple must submit the following documents to the Center: copies of passports of the husband and wife and a copy of their marriage certificate accompanied with their notarized translations into Georgian (Translations of passports and their copies are required in two copies. In case the documents are translated abroad and not in Georgia, apart from notarization of the copy and translation of the document their legalization is required), domicile confirmation of the husband and wife (detailed address) and health certificates translated into Georgian with a notarization of the translation.
5. The contract is made in two languages: Georgian and the language spoken by the couple.
6. If a typical agreement is made between the Couple and our Center, after making the agreement the Couple should pay the cost of the service 2000 Euros into the Center‘s bank account (in case of contract on surrogate motherhood). From this moment the Couple does not pay for visits to the Center.
7. The couple will pay the cost of examination of one candidate only. If the selected candidate does not appear to be healthy, a new candidate will be examined at the Center’s expense.
8. Before the detailed examination of health of the candidate selected by the couple has begun, the couple has a right to meet and talk to the selected candidate and a right to require change of the candidate.
9. If after meeting with the potential surrogate mother or an egg donor the couple rejects the candidate, the couple will have a right to request meeting with two more candidates selected by it from the Surrogate Motherhood Agency database.
10. If the couple wants to have the state of health of the desirable candidate examined by the time of its arrival, the couple must take the following into consideration:
a) Results of some examinations become invalid in a month;
b) It is necessary that the couple deposit the amount required for examinations of the selected candidate into the Center’s bank account;
c) During the deposition of the amount the couple must specify the purpose of deposition and the name and surname of the candidate to be examined.
11. If the candidate examined at the couple’s expense appears to be unhealthy, the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia is obliged to examine a new candidate at its own expense.
12. If after carrying out the medical examinations it is established that the candidate is healthy, the couple must make the contract with the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia within three months. Otherwise the couple will lose the amount paid for examinations.
13. After making the contract with the couple the Center will make the contract with the surrogate mother or egg donor.
14. We are making a separate contract with the couple and a separate contract with the surrogate mother or egg donor which enables us to keep the couple identity information confidential at the couple’s will.
15. If the candidate’s state of heath does not meet the necessary requirements or if before expiration of one year from the moment of making the contract the candidate fails to fulfill or refuses to fulfill the undertaken commitments and the three attempts of embryo transfer or two donation attempts have not yet been made, the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia is obliged to provide the couple with a healthy surrogate mother or egg donor of similar data and requirements.
16. The period between the first visit to the Surrogate Motherhood Center and making the contract depends on what time will be required for selection of an appropriate candidate, agreement on all conditions between the parties and translation of the contract into the language known to the couple. In most of cases this period does not exceed 10 days.
17. The contract with the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia may be signed only by the couple personally or by one of the spouses if he/she has a power of attorney issued by another spouse. Power of attorney, issued abroad must be legalized.
18. If the couple requests from the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia conditions which are not accepted in the Center’s practice or are not specified by the contract, the Center has a right to terminate working with the couple. In this case the couple will not be reimbursed the amount paid for the service of the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia.
19. In the period before confirmation of pregnancy or obtaining of eggs the couple is obliged to pay the cost of transportation of the surrogate mother or gamete donor from her place of residence to the clinic as well as to compensate her for the expended time. This amount is individual in all cases and makes up 150 euros in total per one attempt of fertilization or one attempt of egg donation.
20. The couple is obliged to open escrow account in the JSC “People’s Bank”. In case pregnancy is obtained the couple must deposit into this account the amount of money which it must pay to the surrogate mother during the pregnancy period. This account is the guarantee of solvency of the couple and that the surrogate mother will steadily receive her compensation during the whole pregnancy period. For withdrawal of money from the escrow account or for deposition a joint consent of the Center and the couple or a joint consent of the Center and the couple’s agent is required.
21. During the contract validity period all medical costs related to surrogacy and egg donation will be paid by the couple.
22. In case of surrogate mother’s pregnancy the couple will pay 2 000 euros into the account of the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia (during 17-20 weeks upon confirmation of pregnancy). This amount includes the following kind of service:
a) Cooperation with the bank in order to regulate those bank questions, which refers to giving monthly compensation to the surrogate mother from the couple’s escrow account.
b) Informing the couple in case of necessity: For example, while preventive medical investigations of surrogate mother, if surrogate mother’s or fetus’s state of health worsens, if there is need of obtaining medicines or in case of arising of any significant problem.
c) Appropriate reaction if any party violates the commitments under the contract during and after pregnancy.
d) Supervision and promotion of correct proceedings of legal aspects of surrogacy.
23. If a child is not born as a result of the surrogacy procedure or if a couple decides to terminate the ongoing process at any stage the spent amount of money will not be reimbursed to the couple, except when another party has failed to fulfill the undertaken commitments and thus incurred material damage to the couple. Aslo except those cases when an ordinary agreement is not made and other terms and conditions are stipulated by the agreement.
24. If the couple wants the medical procedures to be carried out to the surrogate mother or an egg donor beyond Georgia this question must be agreed upon before making the contract.
25. The couple does not have a right to request from a surrogate mother or an egg donor to go abroad alone except when a surrogate mother or an egg donor has undertaken such a commitment under the contract. The costs related to the accompanying party must be covered by the couple. The accompanying party can be the couple itself.
26. If the couple takes the potential surrogate mother or egg donor abroad for medical procedures, regardless of the result obtained the couple is obliged to cover all expenses related to this departure including return to Georgia.
27. In case of need of a surrogate mother: it is mandatory that the couple use al least one of its gametes (egg or spermatozoon), i.e. in the artificial fertilization process wife’s or husband’s gametes (spermatozoon or egg) must be used. After the childbirth the couple is obliged to submit to the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia a certificate (result of DNA test) confirming that at least one person from the couple is a genetic parent of the child.
Other conditions of the Center’s service
1. The time you will need for your stay in Georgia:
a) If you agree upon the desirable candidate with our Center in advance before arrival to Georgia as well as your conditions so that the contract with acceptable terms and conditions and in the desirable language is drafted before your arrival the length of your visit will be one week at most. In this case it is required that you transfer the amount of the contract processing and translation which makes up 10% of the Center’s service fee. This amount will be subtracted from the amount to be paid for the Center’s service after making the contract with the Center.
b) If you need both a surrogate mother and an egg donor, i.e. if you use only sperm of your own, your stay in Georgia during the whole IVF process will not be obligatory. You can make the required contracts, pay the Center’s service fee and the cost of in vitro fertilization, the amount required for transportation of the surrogate and the donor to clinic, leave frozen sperm in IVF clinic and return to your country. The remaining process (management of the donor and the surrogate, synchronization of their cycles, ovaries stimulation, follicle puncture, egg fertilization, embryo transfer, and medical supervision of the surrogate mother) will continue without your stay in Georgia. During the whole process our Center will be providing you with all significant information about the course of the process; you will be able to schedule your second visit only for the time of the childbirth.
c) If you need only a surrogate mother, i.e. if you are using your own eggs for obtaining an embryo, synchronization of your and the surrogate mother’s cycles may begin without your being in Georgia. Also you may start your ovaries stimulation in your country and arrive in Georgia only by the time of follicle puncture (eggs extraction) for 3-5 days. During this process your doctor may have phone contact with the Georgian doctor in English.
2. If you have absolutely no time to arrive to Georgia our Center offers you:
a) Sending a surrogate mother or an egg donor to a desirable country on the basis of a legalized contract.
b) If you have frozen your embryos and want to transfer them to the uterus of a surrogate mother you can send them to Georgia in a special flask and our Center representative will meet the flask at the airport. A certificate issued by a clinic will be required specifying whose gametes have been used to obtain these embryos.
c) To send us frozen sperm by which donor’s eggs will be fertilized and the obtained embryos will be transferred to the uterus of the surrogate mother. After carrying out these procedures the official certificates issued by the IVF clinic will be sent to you by registered mail. In case of the above-mentioned a) b) or c) cases it will be required that you have your signature upon the contract to be made with our Center notarized by the notary in your country and the seal of the notary must be legalized in the Embassy of Georgia in your country. Afterwards you will send us the contract and all the required documents by registered mail.
3. If you are arriving to our Center for the first time and you have deposited 5% of the Center’s service fee to the Center’s bank account in advance, the Center representative will meet you at the airport by car.
4. If you do not speak English, Russian or Georgian you will need to hire an interpreter. The Center can help you to hire an interpreter.
5. The Center can help you to hire a automobile (automobile with a driver, personal automobile).
6.The Center can help you to rent a comfortable apartment or a hotel. Minimal cost of double room in hotels in Georgia is 22 euros per day and the average cost is 50 euros per day.
7. The Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia does not serve:
a) Single men;
b) Homosexual couples (the Georgian legislation does not recognize homosexual marriages);
c) Married couples where both spouses are more than 47 years of age;
d) Persons with a mental disease
(using US$1.4 = EUR 1)
7 000-9 000 EUR compensation to be paid to the surrogate mother (total sum of compensations to be paid during pregnancy and in post-natal rehabilitation period).
4 000 EUR fee to be paid to the Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia in case of selected a surrogate mother candidate which is paid in two stages: at the first stage – payment of 2 000 euros after selection of a surrogate mother and making the contract, at the second stage – payment of 2 000 euros within 30 days from the seventeenth week of the surrogate mother’s pregnancy.
We provide a couple with a healthy surrogate mother who agrees to carry out three attempts of fertilization.
In case the couple wants to transfer embryos in the uterus of two surrogate mothers at one time, the center's service fee in case of each surrogate mother will be reduced by 25%.
1 000 EUR fee to be paid to the Surrogate Motherhood Center in case of selected an egg donor.
We provide the couple with a healthy candidate who agrees to carry out two attempts of donation.
800 EUR egg donor compensation (payment shall be made in the post-donation rehabilitation period)
The couple will select 2-3 potential egg donor candidates by photos and after making agreement with the center the couple will have a right to meet the candidates personally, interview them and make the final choice.
150 EUR compensation for local transport expenses to the surrogate mother or egg donor in case of one IVF attempt.
200 EUR sperm donor compensation.
200 EUR fee to be paid to the Surrogate Motherhood Center in case of need of a sperm donor.
300 EUR total sum of cost of medical examinations required for examination of one patient in case of In Vitro Fertilization.
2500 EUR cost of In Vitro Fertilization procedure in Georgia inclusive of the cost of ICSI method.
1800 EUR cost of medications required for In Vitro Fertilization procedure.
300 EUR cost of artificial insemination procedure.
7-10 EUR interpreter service fee per hour.
25-30 EUR interpreter service fee per day
22 EUR Minimal cost of double room in hotels in Georgia
50 EUR average cost of double room in hotels in Georgia
No related articles.
No related blogs.