List of items to bring to the Hospital
What you need depends entirely on the hospital you go to. Hirinandani hospital in Mumbai has a small store that carries everything you'll need to take care of the baby. That being said, it is nice to go prepared.
Here's is what you can consider bringing:
- Clothes (outfit, gloves, booties, hat (in case you go outside in the sun)) (more is better)
- Blankets/wraps/towels (for drying the baby and/or swaddling the baby)
- Diapers, wet wipes, cotton balls (for wiping the baby's eyes)
- Food and accessories (formula, bottles, steamer, something to boil hot water, thermos to store hot water)
- Medical accessories (check with your paediatrician)
- Travel safety gear: car seat or baby carrier
- Electrical Adapter (India is on 220 to 240 Volts)
At Hirinandani in Mumbai, the nurses can provide boiled water and can sterilize bottles. But, once you've left the hospital and are in a hotel, you may be on your own.